Welcome to Conesus Lake New York!

Home About Us Contact Us Find Us
Inns & Cottages Lake Scenes Lakeville Long Point McPherson Point Newspapers People Photo Albums Tour boats Videos

Tour Boats

Click an image to enlarge.

cl_tour_boats_1900_mcpherson_and_musette_at_lakeville_ro060

1

The steamboat McPherson is docked at Lakeville NY circa 1900. Later it became known as the “Star Rucca” and burnt in 1902.

The smaller boat to the right was called the Musette which came to Conesus from Buffalo in 1879.

This photo and information courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

Read about the burning of the McPherson here ->

cl_tour_boats_1900_mcpherson_returning_from_head_of_lake_ro060

2

The steamboat McPherson returning from the head of Conesus Lake. This boat was the most famous excursion steamer of its time. It had three decks and could carry 1000 passengers. The McPherson burned at its pier in 1902.

This photo courtesy of Jane Schryver.

cl_tour_boats_1905_at_long_point_and_mcpherson_point_across_ro060

3

The Conesus Excursion Boat is docked in front of Long Point in 1904 - 1914. On the far shore is the Livingston Inn at McPherson Point.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1906_mcpherson_burned_at_pier_ro060

4

This photo shows a gathering of people around the steamboats at the Lakeville dock circa 1906. Shown in the picture is the “Conesus” on the right. The other boats are not clearly identified but the J. A. Ritz may be the one to the far left.

This photo courtesy of Jane Schryver.

cl_tour_boats_1908_conesus_and_rochester_club_long_point_resize480

5

The excursion boat “Conesus” in 1908 at Long Point Park on Conesus Lake NY. The passengers were members of the Rochester Club.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1908_conesus_diver_and_boys-(disalvo_resize480)

6

Some boys are enjoying a ride aboard the excursion boat “Conesus” in 1908 on Conesus Lake NY. None of the boys in this photo have been identified. Click the image to enlarge.

This photo is courtesy of The Livonia Area Preservation and Historical Society, where full sized prints are available.

Livonia Area Preservation and Historical Society

Email: laphs@localnet.com

10 Commercial Street

Livonia, New York, 14487

Phone: 585-346-4579

cl_tour_boats_1908_conesus_excursion_boat01_ro060

7

The excursion boat “Conesus” in 1908. The boat is believed to have moored at Long Point in this photo. The bow of another boat can be seen on the left, it may have been the J. A. Ritz.

This photo courtesy of Jane Schryver.

cl_tour_boats_1908_conesus_excursion_boat02_ro060

8

The excursion boat “Conesus” in 1908 tied off to a tree in front of the Livingston Inn at McPherson point. Just visible on the lower right edge of the photo maybe the name “McPherson”.

This photo courtesy of Jane Schryver.

cl_tour_boats_1908_conesus_excursion_boat03_ro060

9

The excursion boat “Conesus” in 1908 at the pier at McPherson Point.

This photo courtesy of Jane Schryver.

cl_tour_boats_1908_j_a_ritz_and_boats_north_conesus_lake_ro060

10

A scene at Conesus Lake NY in 1908. This picture was taken from McPherson Point along the east side of Conesus Lake. You can see the J. A. Ritz steamer in the background.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1908_ja_ritz_postcard02_front_resize480

11

The steamer J. A. Ritz on Conesus Lake in 1908.

Here is a clip from the Livonia Gazette in 1906.

“Captain Walkley’s new steamer which was recently launched on Conesus lake will carry 150 passengers and will be able to make good speed. The boat has been named the “J. A. Ritz,” in honor of Mr. Ritz of the Rochester Union, who has a fine cottage and grounds at the lake, where he spends all the time he can spare from his business.”

This photo and information courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1908_j_a_ritz_article_by_lisa_allen_ro060

12

A photo of the J. A. Ritz at Conesus Lake circa 1908.

The photo appeared at the head of an article by Lisa Allen in the Livonia Gazette in 1972. The article was called “Steamboat’s A’ Comin’”.

This photo and information courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1908_ja_ritz_in_dem_chron_4_apr_1954_resize480

13

Passengers board the J. A. Ritz at Conesus Lake in 1908.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1909_j_a_ritz_right_at_mcpherson_point_ro060

14

The steamer J. A. Ritz, on the right, is seen on Conesus Lake at McPherson Point in 1909.

Photo courtesy of Jane Schryver.

cl_tour_boats_1910_j_a_ritz_ro060

15

The steamer J. A. Ritz on Conesus Lake in 1910.

Photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1910_jaeger_h_t_and_alice_m_at_capt_dans_ro060

16

The steamers H. T. Jaeger and the Alice M. at Captain Dan’s pier in 1910.

Photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1910c_jaeger_h_t_and_alice_m_and_ja_ritz_at_capt_walkleys_ro060

17

Three steamers at their home dock near Captain Dan Walkley’s on East Lake road. They are the Alice M., H. T. Jaeger, and the J. A. Ritz circa 1910.

Photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1927_tooey_thorobred_one_at_long_point_resize480

18

The Tooey boat “Thorobred I” at the Long Point pier at Conesus Lake NY in 1927. None of the people in this photo have been identified.

Photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1959_lee_m_leaving_long_point_resize480

19

The passenger boat “Lee M.” leaving Long Point pier at Conesus Lake NY in 1959. The “Lee M.” was one of the popular sight-seeing tours of the lake.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1960_lee_m_at_long_point_resize480

20

The passenger boat “Lee M.” at Long Point pier at Conesus Lake NY in 1960.

An ad from an unknown newspaper:

A cool way to get around Conesus Lake is by motor boat. These young ladies are visitors from Mt. Morris and Rochester. The launch in the background is the popular sight-seeing boat “Lee M.” operated by Mr. Ralph Fox and his wife Shirley.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

cl_tour_boats_1961_lee_m_at_long_point_resize480

21

The passenger boat “Lee M.” at Long Point pier at Conesus Lake NY in 1961. The “Lee M.” was a sight-seeing excursion boat operated by Ralph Fox and his wife Shirley of Dansville.

An ad from an unknown newspaper:

Have you had a cruise on the “Lee M.” operated by Mr. Fox of Dansville? One of the trips is down the east side as far as Camp Stella Maris, across and back to Long Point. It’s relaxing, cool and such a pleasant way to spend an afternoon or evening.

This photo courtesy of Lore Disalvo.

www.ConesusLakeNY.org